Creating a Legend
The spotlight is on Beijing Construction Engineering Group (BCEG), the Chinese construction powerhouse that is both partner and contractor for Chao Phraya Estate.
A TEAM EFFORT
BCEG celebrates its 58th birthday this year, with 71 subsidiaries and over USD $21.2 billion in capital assets globally. BCEG currently has over 50 international senior management staff overseeing roughly 1,000 construction workers dedicated to Chao Phraya Estate and the development and construction of Four Seasons Private Residences Bangkok at Chao Phraya River, Four Seasons Hotel Bangkok at Chao Phraya River and Capella Bangkok.
10 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT BCEG
- Founded in 1953, BCEG employs approximately 20,000 staff worldwide.
- More than a 100 million square metres of building infrastructure completed, including 29 projects for the Beijing Olympic Games
- 48 projects have won “Luban Awards”1, 1 4 “Zhan Tianyou Awards”2, 26 awarded as National High-Quality Projects
- Never been out of the Engineering News Records (ENR) 225 Global Largest International Contractors list for 18 consecutive years.
- Most recent rankings is 49th in the “Top 250 Global Contractors” list, also ranked 50th largest construction and engineering company in the world in 2012 by revenue of 5.5 billion USD
- Current projects include new Manchester International Airport, third biggest in UK
- Completed projects include Chinese-state-funded projects in the developing world, such as Tanzania National Stadium, the Presidential Palace of Togo, an expressway in Mauritius
- Besides Thailand and Africa, BCEG has offices and teams in Malaysia, Singapore, Mongolia, the United Arab Emirates, Kazakhstan, the Philippines and Vietnam
- It has a US division (BCEG-USA) with American management led by CEO Zac Henson, who has previously completed many multi-million dollar projects both in America and abroad
- BCEG-USA hopes to fund and build a 1.2 billion USD, 94-acre mixed-use development in Osceola County, Florida. Plans for the development, reported to include 1,200 wholesale retail units, have been approved by the municipality.
1 Luban Awards: Established in 1987, Luban Awards is one of the top 2 authoritative awards of the construction and steel industry in China and is issued by Ministry of Construction and China Construction Industry Association.
2 Zhan Tianyou Civil Engineering Award: Established in 1999, Zhan Tianyou Award is granted by the China Civil Engineering Association and Beijing Zhan Tianyou Civil Engineering Association and Beijing Zhan Tianyou Civil Engineering Science & Technology Development Fund and approved by the State Science & Technology Ministry for outstanding performance in aspects of planning, architecture, environment technology and quality.
Meet the man curating Capella and Four Seasons Private Residences Bangkok into modern art galleries
Chao Phraya Estate welcomes all-suite Capella Bangkok to its illustrious neighbourhood.
Mr. Scott Trent, director of residences reveals what the property has in store for its new owners